To strengthen parents through education and training, thus creating a better environment for children and families to thrive.
How We Do It
IPI delivers evidence-based, skill-building, parenting education programs that offer practical, helpful and relevant information, instructional guidance, inspiration, encouragement and hope to today’s 21st Century family relationships.
To deliver parenting education programs, support services and resources, and public awareness initiatives that educate and engage parents and the community in advocating for the prevention of the parental maltreatment of children, a precursor of the social, health, and behavioral outcomes that prevent children from reaching their full potential.
To be the preeminent authority on Parenting Education for Urban Families.
- Children need a secure, caring, and wholesome environment in which to grow and mature emotionally, intellectually, physically, and socially.
- Parents are the most critical factor in the social development of children.
- A parent’s love for their child is instinctual, but parenting skills are not.
- Parenting is a rewarding life experience, filled with challenges – that are manageable.
- Healthy, effective, responsible parenting is a learned skill.
- Adherence to family values, rules, structure, responsibility, and respect are essential, learned life skills.
- Parenting education and training produces improvements in child behavior and parent growth.
- Children thrive when parents and communities work together to protect their wellbeing.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Sustainable, effective parenting skills that lead to a core understanding of child/youth development and behavior, and knowledge of the precursors that lead to child neglect/abuse
- Parents embracing the joy of their role as child educators
- Parents knowing how to advocate on behalf of their children
- The healthy nurturing and guidance of children
- The demonstration of healthy social behaviors in parents and their children
- Improved family health and welfare
- Fully engage both parents as essential child educators and caregivers
- Deliver services and interventions by a skilled, appropriately trained staff, backed up by good management
- Build and maintain trusted, respectful relationships with program participants
- Sustain collaborative, multi-agency networks that enable family access to appropriate behavioral, social, and health services and resources
- Engage the community in support and celebration of effective and responsible parenting
- Keep the community informed and engaged in issues that impact the wellbeing of children
- Sponsor and support community-wide parenting awareness events and activities
- Continuously improve program quality, relevance, efficiencies, and usefulness to caregivers and the community
- Produce measurable quantitative and qualitative results that improve parenting outcomes, program efficiency, and responsiveness to the needs of children, families and the community